Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Reflection # 5 - Dance

What?
I remember taking a creative movement acedemic class my first or second semester of college and I thought it was the weirdest thing ever.  But I learned in that class and in this lesson that it really works for some kids and it's really not that weird in schools when its done right.

So What?
In field, this week actually, Chris and I are planning a lesson using "flocking" with military positions used during WWII.  After spending time in our class I know that they'll really like it.

Now What?
It will take a lot of preparation and time to create lessons using dance, but I think that in the end they will be rewarding as the students will enjoy them and learn what has been taught.

And....
the group project was great.  Everyone participated and worked on our lesson.  It was fun!

Sorry this is so late!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got it in - and I look forward to hearing how flocking went.

    ReplyDelete